500,000+ data points in real time - demo with the navigation on buttom and details in main screen - code examples

Hi,
We are trying to build an application with monotouch for the iPad.

Basically the way the demo of the 500,00+ data points.

It will have a small navigation (either on top or bottom) and the details view in the middle.

I went through the examples but didn’t see any examples.

Is there demo code available?

Thanks

Tom

Hi

We do have a MonoTouch demo which displays real time audio data, though it’s quite large and complex, so we don’t package it with the product. Please feel free to email us at info@shinobicontrols.com and I can send it to you direct, if it sounds like it would be of interest. 

I’d probably recommend you not to attempt to display 500,000 points simultaneously if you can do otherwise, though - it’s tremendously wasteful and that’s a lot more points than the pixel width of the screen. If possible, try to use the datasource to limit the data presented to the chart to what you actually want the user to see at any given moment.

Regards,

Robin

Lead Developer,

ShinobiControls

It has to be noted, that there are not only line charts, but also scatter plots that can have all kinds of distributions – including maybe something like 1000 x 500 grid of uniformly distributed points :smiley:

Hi tomtom,

Did you get my emails on this one? (the conversation seems to be split between email and forum!). I included part of a new blog post on what you’re looking for, but now the whole blog is up on our website here: http://www.shinobicontrols.com/blog/posts/2013/02/20/building-a-range-selector-with-shinobicharts-part-i/

I hope this helps

Regards,

Robin

@pit_garbe,

You’re absolutely right, and even line charts don’t have to have monotonically increasing x values, so you can do closed curves and all sorts of things. My favourite is a Heighway dragon space-filling curve, rendered as multiple contiguous series in different colours, for an amazing rainbow effect. Have fun with it!

Regards,

Robin

rsillem
Hi tomtom,
Did you get my emails on this one? (the conversation seems to be split between email and forum!). I included part of a new blog post on what you're looking for, but now the whole blog is up on our website here: http://www.shinobicontrols.com/blog/posts/2013/02/20/building-a-range-selector-with-shinobicharts-part-i/
I hope this helps
Regards,
Robin

Thanks.

That looks exactly what I was looking for. I will give it a try today.

Thank you