Adding UIScrollView to SEssentialsCarousel

I’m trying to add a UIScrollView to the itemView returned by:

- (UIView *) carousel:(SEssentialsCarousel*)carousel itemAtIndex:(NSInteger)index

I’ve created a custom subclass of UIView, which is a scrollview delegate, but the carousel appears to be consuming all of my gestures/touches. Has anyone had any luck with this before? I’m pretty sure it’s going to be a one-liner to disable the gesture flow… but I can’t for the life of me find that one magical line.

:-/

Hi HappyPanda,

What behaviour are you wanting to implement?

As if you turn off the carousel’s gesture recognizers then you won’t be able to pan through the carousel’s images.

You can access all the gesture recognizers on the carousel via the “gestureRecognizers” property.

To give yourself more control with the gestures you can set the gesture recognizer’s delegate to one you have implemented.

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Kind regards,
Andrew Polkinghorn

Hi Andrew, thanks for the response. I was trying to add the ability to scroll/zoom/resize the in-focus item, while still allowing the user to scroll the carousel naturally (dragging past the edges).

The project took a different turn before I completed this. Pretty sure I’ve got a grasp of what I would need to do now with the gesture recognizers etc… But yeah… not needed now. :slight_smile:

Might be a cool Sam Davies blog post though…