[android] Multi line labels

Hi,

I started the trial yesterday and I’m currently testing the customization possibilities (mandatory for the project I am working on).

So far I have been able to customize the series I was working on, the data points, titles, etc. The one thing I am having trouble with right now is to get the Ticks’ labels to be displayed on two lines.

Basically, I would like the labels to look like this:

|
|
|
|____________________

1       2      3     4
Tue Wed Thu Fri

What I have tried is using the styles (charting, series, axes, tick) but none of them seems to handle this kind of thing.

I also tried to use a date formatter, which doesn’t seem to work:

SimpleDateFormat dateFormat = new SimpleDateFormat(“d” + System.getProperty(“line.separator”) + “E”, getResources().getConfiguration().locale); 

I noticed that on iOS, one could use the delegate, with a method called BEFORE the ticks are rendered, and modify the UILabel containing a tick.

Is that possible on Android? If nop, any idea why?

Cheers.

Hello,

Thanks for the query.

Currently, multi line tick labels are not supported by ShinobiCharts for Android. I can tell you however that this feature is on the roadmap, as we are working to bring our Android product’s functionality in line with our iOS product.

If you need any further help please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Thanks,

Kai.

Hi,

Thanks for the intel.

Is the roadmap publicly available somewhere? I can’t find it on the website.

Thanks.

Hello, 

Thanks for your enquiry. 

Our roadmap is not actually available to the public. What I can say however is that we do prioritise feature development based on customer demand so I’ll certainly register your interest in multi line tick labels.

Thanks,

Kai.