Android - Setting Major Tick values

In the iOS ShinobiCharts, there is the ability to override majorTickValuesForAxis, so that the developer can set the desired values on the chart.  However, I cannot find this functionality for Android.  I would like to be able to only label the min, max, and most recent values in the Y-axis.

I am using a NumberAxis.

If it is available, can you please direct me to the correct methods?

Thank you!

I was just about to post a similar question - I also need to control which values get ticks. In my case, I’m using a DateTimeAxis and I need to display times like 16:50, 17:00, 17:10, etc. However, with the current “free” allocation of ticks, I’ll see values like 16:47, 16:57, 17:07, etc.

Thanks!

Hi there,

@aderington - ShinobiCharts for Android currently doesn’t have the majorTicksValuesForAxis functionality that it’s iOS counterpart has. However, our intention is to bring the Android version up to the same level as the iOS version so this feature is on our roadmap. We’re actually currently working on expanding the customisation options of TickMarks and, while I can’t promise at this stage, we do hope to have this in the upcoming release (v1.5, provisionally slated for early-mid June). 

@radu - Have you tried setting a default range on your axis before adding your data? By starting your default range on a more round value you should see more round values for the tick marks. That said, our iOS counterpart has an anchorPoint feature which I think would be another way of achieving what you want. Again, this is something on our roadmap though I’m unable at the moment to say exactly when this will be added.

In both cases I’ve made a note of your requests - we do prioritise features based on customer demand and do appreciate the feedback.

Kind regards,

Patrick

Thank you Patrick, is it possible to get a list of the features that are planned for the June release?  We are trying to get our Android charts in parity with our iOS charts and a timeline would help our business team.

Thank you!

Hi Angella,

I’m very happy to give you a list of the features we’re looking to include in v1.5 but I do have to be very clear that this is not a finalised list and is very much subject to change, as I’m sure you can appreciate. While I understand it’s useful for your business team I don’t want to make promises I can’t keep! As I previously stated we do prioritise development based on customer demand and this of course changes over time.

With that in mind, the following features are planned for v1.5, provisionally scheduled for early to mid June:

• Axis range padding
  • Double tap gesture (configurable to zoom in 50% or reset to default range)
  • Crosshair customisation (eg. interpolation on/off for a LineSeries, out of range behaviour and tracking mode)
  • Crosshair tooltip customisation
  • Multi-line tick mark labels
  • Individual tick mark customisation
  • Custom major tick mark values
  • Custom series baseilne
  • Animations (for showing/hiding series)

The list above is roughly in order of development and therefore Animations would most likely be the first to “get the chop” if necessary, say for some unforeseen circumstances or if something else was to take priority for example.

Just to re-iterate these features are planned for v1.5 but I can’t make any guarantees at this stage.  You’ve mentioned supplying your own major tick values in this post as well as setting a custom baseline in another - are there any other features you’re waiting on? We really are interested in knowing what features are most valuable to our users and do prioritise based on this. And it’s always good to know where exactly we should “chop” if necessary! :slight_smile:

Kind regards,

Patrick

Hi guys,

Just to let you know we’ve now released v1.5 of ShinobiCharts for Android. It’s available in the Customer Portal and as a trial version from http://www.shinobicontrols.com/android/shinobicharts.

It contains the following features:

• axis range padding
  • double tap gesture
  • crosshair behaviour customisation
  • multi-line tick marks
  • individual tick mark customisation
  • custom major tick mark values
  • custom series baselines

We weren’t able to get tooltip customisation or animations into this release, however, we plan to put out another release in the next couple of weeks that will include tooltip customisation. Animations will be a little further down the line but are very much still on our roadmap.

Kind regards,

Patrick

Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you know we’ve now released ShinobiCharts for Android v1.5.1 which adds functionality for customising the tooltip.

If you’ve got an up-to-date support package the download will be available in the Customer Portal. You can also download a trial.

Kind regards,

Patrick