App crashes when navigating away from chart

When I have an app with a chart view or chart fragment and try to navigate back to where I came from the app crashes with the following:

[mono-rt] Stacktrace:
[mono-rt]
[mono-rt]
[mono-rt] Attempting native Android stacktrace:
[mono-rt]
[mono-rt]   at GL2Encoder::s_glDrawElements(void*, unsigned int, int, unsigned int, void const*)+493 [0x91454a7d]
[mono-rt]   at ???+67727 [0x9145188f]
[mono-rt]   at ???+56959 [0x9144ee7f]
[mono-rt]
[mono-rt] =================================================================
[mono-rt] Got a SIGSEGV while executing native code. This usually indicates
[mono-rt] a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries
[mono-rt] used by your application.
[mono-rt] =================================================================
[mono-rt]
[libc] Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV) at 0x00000004 (code=1), thread 1763 (yname.charttest)

This crash does not happen if i remove reference to the chart. This crash also does not happen if I am using an emulator with api21 or greater in android.

I am using Xamarin Studio with Xamarin Android Player for the emulator.

Update: When I try to run this on a physical device with KitKat it throws the same error on loading.

Hi.

What version of charts are you using please?

Thanks,

Kai.

I am running Standard Charts 1.8

Hi.

Thank you for your response. We are currently investigating this issue.

Kind regards,

Kai.

Hi.

We have identified an issue within our library which we believe is the cause of your issue. We are working on a fix which we expect to be available for release within the next week or so. 

Thanks for your patience and thanks again for bringing this matter to our attention.

Kind regards.

Kai.

Just to let you know version 1.8.1 of  shinobicharts for Android is now available in the customer portal and should address this issue.

Kind regards,

Patrick

That fixed it on the emulators I have tried so far but I still get a crash on my physical device.

All was normal until the chart tried to show. The last line is all  it put out at that point.

Here is the log from the device:

Loaded assembly: MonoDroidConstructors [External]
[Mono] Assembly Ref addref ChartTest[0x6a48ba08] -> mscorlib[0x69ea90e8]: 6
[OpenGLRenderer] Enabling debug mode 0
[Mono] Assembly Ref addref ChartTest[0x6a48ba08] -> Com.ShinobiControls.Charts[0x6a493a68]: 2
[libc] Fatal signal 6 (SIGABRT) at 0x000027fb (code=-6), thread 10377 (Thread-1340)

Hi rjantz3,

I’ve just tried the sample app you gave us on a Nexus 7 that’s running KitKat and it didn’t crash when the chart was displayed. Are you still having this problem on physical devices?

Kind regards,

Patrick