Call a prepareforSegue when click a row in ShinobiDataGrid

How can i call another view controller (using StoryBoard prepareforSegue) ?

Hi Ariel,

The delegate you’re looking for is:

• (void) shinobiDataGrid:(ShinobiDataGrid *)grid didTapCellAtCoordinate:(const SDataGridCoord *) gridCoordinate isDoubleTap:(BOOL)isDoubleTap;

This is fired when a cell is tapped, from which you can find the row and do whatever you want.

Hope this helps,

Rob

Since Search isn’t always perfect, here’s my example for using presentViewController from the thread http://www.shinobicontrols.com/forum/shinobicontrols/2013/11/simple-shinobidatagrid-formatting-of-cells/

- (void)shinobiDataGrid:(ShinobiDataGrid *)grid didTapCellAtCoordinate:(SDataGridCoord *)coordinate isDoubleTap:(BOOL)isDoubleTap
{
    // find the cell that was edited
    SDataGridTextCell *cell = (SDataGridTextCell*)[grid visibleCellAtCoordinate:coordinate];

if ([cell.coordinate.column.title isEqualToString:@"Part/Service"] && isDoubleTap)
    {
	SDataGridRow *row = cell.coordinate.row;

NSLog(@"\n----------------------------------\nRow: %@\nCell: %@\n----------------------------------\n", row, cell);

// The view controller you want to present from the storyboard.
	UIStoryboard *storyBoard = [UIStoryboard storyboardWithName:@"MainStoryboard" bundle:nil];
	PrintViewController *printViewController = [storyBoard instantiateViewControllerWithIdentifier:@"PrintViewController"];

// Set any properties in the view controller that you need to.
	printViewController.serviceOrder = self.serviceOrder;

[self presentViewController:printViewController animated:YES completion:nil];
    }
}

Wg

thank you wizgod you are very helpful to all newbies like me,but im still encountering an error do you  a very simple sample code for this?  or do you know any sample link that i can check.

I’ve updated the code with the missing part, it should be ok now. It was missing:

SDataGridTextCell *cell = (SDataGridTextCell*)[grid visibleCellAtCoordinate:coordinate];

And the check for a double tap:

if ([cell.coordinate.column.title isEqualToString:@"Part/Service"] && isDoubleTap)

If you put this code in the HandleEditing sample app, it will push the same view controller:

- (void)shinobiDataGrid:(ShinobiDataGrid *)grid didTapCellAtCoordinate:(SDataGridCoord *)coordinate isDoubleTap:(BOOL)isDoubleTap
{

if ([cell.coordinate.column.title isEqualToString:@"Forename"] && isDoubleTap)
    {
		SDataGridRow *row = cell.coordinate.row;

NSLog(@"\n----------------------------------\nRow: %@\nCell: %@\n----------------------------------\n", row, cell);

// The view controller you want to present.
		ViewController *viewController = [[ViewController alloc] init];

[self presentViewController:viewController animated:YES completion:nil];
    }
}

Wg