Chart redrawing incorrect on iOS7 when brought to forground

In my iOS7 app I am having issues when I launch my app from the background its not drawing the chart colors correct. If I reload the screen it goes back to the way it should. This only happens if its been in the backgound for a long time (hours)… 

Here is screen shots. Correct Chart

Good Image

Incorrect chart

Bad Chart

I tried forcing the theme with:

SChartiOS7Theme *theme = [SChartiOS7Theme new]; [chart applyTheme:theme];

But that does not make a diffrence.

It looks like the chart background is being lost. Try setting the backgroundColor when the app resumes, and calling [chart redraw];.

Would it be possible to put together a small project just to demonstrate this particular bug? And are there any definite steps you use to reproduce it, besides waiting a few hours?

FYI This started happening with 2.5.3 but is still with 2.5.5. This did not happen with 2.2.0 that I had been using for a long time. 

What is the background color used in the iOS7 and Light theme? 

In iOS7, we are using #EFEFF4 as the background colour. Did you get the chance to see if it was present on 2.5.2, or did you upgrade form 2.2.0 to 2.5.3?

It seems like setting the background color is a work around, but I need to do more testing.

The issue is it only happens if the program is launched after its been unused for a long time like overnight so its not something that is quick to test. You need to launch the program outside of Xcode and then close it. Then let it sit all day or overnight and the relaunch it to see the issue.  The screen with the charts is not the first screen the program displays. The issue is only when the program comes from the backgound. If its a fresh start by iOS it works fine. The bad backgound does not get fixed by new data being loaded in the charts or redrawing the chart, but if I go to a diffrent screen and then come back it resets to the proper backgound colors. 

I went from 2.2.0 to 2.5.3 and then to 2.5.5. I never tried 2.5.2. I have only tested this on iOS7 with Xcode 5.0.1. The 2.2.0 version never had this problem with iOS6 or iOS7.  

[ShinobiChartgetInfo] is reporting: ShinobiChart Version Version: 2.5.5, Edition: Standard

We’ve managed to get together a test that replicates this over a much shorter time period. Now that we have this, we can start to look into the cause. It’s strange as we see the background fade out rather than just come up the incorrect color.  :scream:

Hopefully, we can get to the bottom of this shortly.

I’ve experienced this a few times as well.

Hi all,

We’ve now released version 2.6.0 of ShinobiCharts, which fixes this issue. I would recommend downloading that from our portal, and giving that a go.

I hope that helps, let us know how things go!

Many thanks,

Dan

Dan

Hi all,

We’ve now released version 2.6.0 of ShinobiCharts, which fixes this issue. I would recommend downloading that from our portal, and giving that a go.

I hope that helps, let us know how things go!

Many thanks,

Dan

I installed the new library and the problem is not fixed. In fact the work around I was using in 2.5.7 of setting the background color did not correct it in 2.6.0. If I refresh the graph its fine but on bringing the app to the forground after it being in the background all night gave me black backgounds. This is with iOS 7.1 

Here are some examples of pie charts from my dash board that got affected. In this case I just left the program in the background for maybe 30min and switch back to it. When I setup the charts and redraw them with new data I am setting the background like: dashboardChart1_1.backgroundColor = [UIColorcolorWithRed:239green:239blue:244alpha:1]; That worked to fix the issue in 2.5.7

I can also confirm this happens with version 2.6.0. The border of a line chart (using the SChartiOS7Theme) turns black after the app has been in the background for a while.

Hi guys,

We were under the impression that we had fixed this issue. Appologies if it is still causing you issues, it’s quite a rare one because we’ve found it so difficult to reproduce on our end. We’ve reopened the issue and we’ll be investigating it shortly.

Thanks,
Jan

Jan

Hi guys,

We were under the impression that we had fixed this issue. Appologies if it is still causing you issues, it’s quite a rare one because we’ve found it so difficult to reproduce on our end. We’ve reopened the issue and we’ll be investigating it shortly.

Thanks,
Jan

It seems to happen more now then before and like I said the work arounds no longer work. Just put the app in the background for maybe 5-10min and run some other program and then bring it back to the forground. In the older builds it took a much longer time in the background to show the problem and would have been much harder to reproduce. 

It seems like 2.6.1 now fixes the issue… At least I have not been able to make it happen in testing today. It was easy to make it happen with 2.6.0…