Charts supported features

Hello,

I have been playing around with the Trial version of the Chart controls and seems really great. I followed the getting-started guide, created some simple examples and have a couple of questions:

1. How can I add zooming and scrolling support to my charts (similarly to the demos)?
  2. I would like to accomplish the following scenario: The user taps on a point of a line chart. Then, a UIView is displayed just above the point providing detailed information about it. Is this possible using Shinobi chart controls? If yes, how can I achieve it?

Thank you in advance for your support.

Hi Vangos,

Zooming and panning can be enabled by setting the enableGesturePanning and enableMomentumZooming properties on your chosen axis in your chart to YES like so:

xAxis.enableGesturePanning = YES; 
xAxis.enableGestureZooming = YES; 
xAxis.enableMomentumPanning = YES; 
xAxis.enableMomentumZooming = YES;

The answer to your second question is yes. A blog post on our website entitled “Customizing That Crosshair” (which can be found here http://www.shinobicontrols.com/blog/posts/2013/03/14/animating-shinobichart-series/) describes how you can use a SChartCrosshairTooltip to display  a ShinobiChart at a data point in your ShinobiChart. The blog post also features a sample project, which demonstrates how at display another ShinobiChart at a given data point but you but you could do something similar using your own UIView instead.

Kind regards

Daniel Allsop