DateTime Axis Ticklabels disappear

Hello,

I am trying to make a chart using the DateTimeAxis  for my xAxis with a range of 7 days.  That seems fine but I noticed that when I pan between Nov 10 - Mar 10 all the ticklabels disappear.  Once I past that range, all the tick labels reappear.  I am using ShinobiCharts Premium 2.7.1.

Please assist.  Here is my code:

ShinobiChart *chart = [[ShinobiChartalloc] initWithFrame:self.view.bounds];
     chart.autoresizingMask = UIViewAutoresizingFlexibleHeight | UIViewAutoresizingFlexibleWidth | UIViewAutoresizingFlexibleLeftMargin | UIViewAutoresizingFlexibleRightMargin | UIViewAutoresizingFlexibleBottomMargin;
    chart.clipsToBounds = NO;

SChartLightTheme *theme = [[SChartLightThemealloc] init];
     theme.chartStyle.backgroundColor = [UIColorwhiteColor];
     theme.chartStyle.backgroundColorGradient = [UIColorwhiteColor];

[chart applyTheme:theme];

chart.gestureDoubleTapResetsZoom = YES;

SChartAxis *xAxis = [[SChartDateTimeAxisalloc] init];

SChartDateRange *r = [[SChartDateRangealloc] initWithDateMinimum:[[NSDatedate] dateByAddingTimeInterval:-60 * 60 *24*7] andDateMaximum:[[NSDatedate] dateByAddingTimeInterval:60*60*24]];

xAxis.defaultRange = r;

xAxis.rangePaddingHigh = [SChartDateFrequencydateFrequencyWithDay:1];
     xAxis.rangePaddingLow = [SChartDateFrequencydateFrequencyWithDay:1];
     xAxis.majorTickFrequency = [SChartDateFrequencydateFrequencyWithDay:1];

xAxis.allowPanningOutOfDefaultRange = YES;
     xAxis.allowPanningOutOfMaxRange = YES;
     xAxis.enableGesturePanning = YES;
     xAxis.enableGestureZooming = YES;
     xAxis.enableMomentumPanning = YES;
     xAxis.enableMomentumZooming = YES;

chart.xAxis = xAxis;

SChartAxis *yAxis = nil;

SChartNumberRange *yr = [[SChartNumberRangealloc] initWithMinimum:@(0)andMaximum:@(10)];
    yAxis = [[SChartNumberAxis alloc] initWithRange:yr];

yAxis.enableGesturePanning = NO;
     yAxis.enableGestureZooming = NO;
     yAxis.enableMomentumPanning = YES;
     yAxis.enableMomentumZooming = YES;

Hi mander7000,

Sorry to hear you’re having this issue. I’d like to take a look into this issue - is there a particular dataset that is required to reproduce the described behaviour? Or will loading a chart with some random dummy data within the described ranges work?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.  I just used dummy data just to see how everything looked and I noticed it.  I was using  a column chart.

I’ve managed to recreate your issue locally with a line series, so it looks like you may have found a bug in our date/time axis.

I’ve raised this as an issue to be investigated and hopefully fixed. We’ll post back here when we have more information on this.

In the meantime I notice your dates are always relative to the exact time the app is launched ([NSDate date]). Do you see the same issue if you’re using absolute dates?

Thanks for giving me letting me know.

Yes the issue still exists if i use a fix dates.