Detect single tap on chart (iOS)

Hey guys,

I’d like to fade in additional control elements once the user tapped on the chart, I just can’t recognise the single tap.

I’ve tried it with a TapGestureRecognizer on the charts parent UIView, which won’t fire the event once the chart is being shown, and with overriding the touchesBegan/Moved/Cancelled methods of UIView. Unfortunately, the touch is getting cancelled, so I can’t properly forward the tap event.

It would be nice to have a sChartTapped() or something like that in the future (as far as I see it, there isn’t anything in the current framework that uses a single tap anyway), but is there a workaround right now that I could use?

Cheers,
Max

Detecting single tap on chart with Xamarin SDK

Hi Maximillian,

Thanks for getting in touch!

For your UITapGestureRecognizer to be picked up you have to implement the UIGestureRecognizerDelegate method “…shouldRecognizeSimultaneouslyWithGestureRecognizer:” to return YES and assign your UIGestureRecognizerDelegate to our UITapGestureRecognizer.

This can be done by adding the following code after you have created your chart:

for (UIGestureRecognizer *gesture in _chart.canvas.overlay.gestureRecognizers) {
    if([gesture isKindOfClass:[UITapGestureRecognizer class]]){
        gesture.delegate = self;
    }
}

More information on the UIGestureRecognizerDelegate can be found HERE.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Andrew Polkinghorn

Thanks Andrew, that was exactly what I was looking for. Very satisfied with that solution, highly appreciate your answer.

Regards,

Max