I need to display financial charts on Android, and it seems I have a couple of options:
- Display OHLC / candlestick and volume series in a single chart (see attached sample screenshot), and this is my preferred method
- Display OHLC / candlestick in one chart and volume in another chart below it (with pan and zoom synchronized)
For option 1:
- How to I scale the volume series so that it occupies, say, bottom 20% of the chart?
- How do I set the alpha for volume (column series) so that it won’t obscure the OHLC / candlestick series?
- Display tick marks and labels for volume on the right-hand side of the chart (so it won’t overlap with price labels)?
For option 2:
- As the volume chart is below the OHLC / candlestick chart, how do I (horizontally) align the Y-axis of the volume chart to the chart above so that both charts are displayed with the same width and in the same position?
For both options, I would like to display tick marks and labels inside the chart area. Doing it otherwise would leave too little space for the chart area itself. I’ve read other posts about this matter (setting tick gap to a negative value) but there’s no satisfying answer.
What I’m using:
- Mac OS X 10.10.1
- Android Studio 22.214.171.124
- ShinobiChart 1.7.2 (trial)