EXC_BAD_ACCESS on -[SChart_SecKey verifySignature:secKeyRef:signature:] on iOS8

I get EXC_BAD_ACCESS when a ShinobiChart tries to render on my main test device, an iPhone 5 running iOS8b5. The error does not occur when running the same code on other test devices (an iPod Touch 5th gen running iOS7, an iPod Touch 5th gen running iOS8b5, and an iPhone 5S running iOS8b5) or in the iOS8b5 simulator. There’s nothing in the iOS 8 release notes about a known bug in Security.framework. The only mentions online of bugs with SecKeyGetBlockSize were from the developers calling the function, so I didn’t know how to proceed on that front.

The error occurs every time I use a Shinobi chart (as far as I can tell). The chart data source has all 4 required methods called on it before the error occurs.

Stack trace screenshot:

Stack trace

Sample application that causes the error is here. (I commented out the license key line; that’s not the error I’m getting. :stuck_out_tongue:)

Anybody seen anything like this or have any idea why this might be happening?

Hi mrh.is,

As you’re well aware, iOS 8 is in beta and constantly changing, which means we’re always playing catch up! We’re aware of this problem and we’re working towards a fix.

We’ve got a rolling beta program available for existing customers but unfortunately we can’t release our beta framework as a trial. Your best option is to either use an iOS7 device, or the iOS8 simulator until the official release of iOS 8 when our next version is officially released. We’re planning to release our next version very shortly after the release of iOS8 so rest assured it’ll be supported!

Best regards,
Jan

Jan,

Thanks for the quick response! Glad you’re aware of the issue. Based on other traces and issues, I think it might be a bug in the networking stack, but somehow only for the iPhone 5 build of iOS8b5. Might be at the OS level for now.

Michael