Graphs - displaying smoother curves

Hi there,

Looks like the graph SDK suits all my needs, except that graphs end up looking quite aliased. Adding an enormous data points doesn’t seem to be helping as it still ends up looking very aliased. One can see it even in the ‘GettingStarted’ sample.

Any tips for getting smoother looking curves? If not, please consider this as a feature request. I don’t think I can ship without it - my competition is displaying smoother looking graphs.

Impressive SDK though!

Hi tomshinboi,

This is a known issue that was introduced when integrating with iOS7’s arm64 architecture.

This issue has now been fixed and our lines should look a lot smoother in the next release of ShinobiCharts which is coming very soon!

Kind Regards,
Andrew Polkinghorn

Fantastic news.

As far as’ very soon’ goes, can you say with any certainty that it’s likely to get out the door sometime in the coming Q1 ?  No worries if not able to say. We all know about shifting software schedules :slight_smile:

Hi tomshinobi,

This issue should be fixed in the next minor release of ShinobiCharts, which we’re planning on releasing at the end of this year. We’ll let you know when the new version is available. :slight_smile:

Regards,

Dan

Sorry to pester, if it the next release isn’t expected to be out next week (dec 16-20), could I request that a linechart screenshot be posted running the latest (unreleased) on iOS7 retina? I’m just a bit anxious to see that the aliasing is indeed fixed to my expectations/hopes, as otherwise I may need to shift my efforts elsewhere.

Cheers!

Hey,

Here is a set of before and after screenshots. I didn’t want to mess with the resolutions, so they are a bit large to be laid out correctly in this forum.

As you can see, there is a huge improvement, and the line smoothing is back in line with our pre-5S charts.

Jan

Before

After

Cheers for the screenshots. Much improved indeed!

Hi,

We’ve now released version 2.5.7 of ShinobiCharts, which fixes this anti-aliasing issue on the new Apple hardware.

I hope this helps, let me know how things go!

Regards,

Dan