How to rebind a charts data source?

Hi,

I have a simple timeseries chart as a detail view in a master detail pad layout, when an stock is selected in the master view I want to rebind the chart, with typically ten years of end of day data.

In my attempt I do:
chart.DataSource = myNewDataSource;
chart.ReloadData();
chart.Redraw();

Problem is that the x-axis (SChartDateTime) goes bananas, particular the x-axis lower value is  more than  100 years back in time. If I pan forever to a valid range I can also see that the old series sems also to still be around (although the legend only displays that last, and correct series).

Am I missing some API call before/after the rebind? 

When the chart is initially created and bound, everything looks as expected.

The series being exposed by my data source is a SChartStepLineChart.

The only work around I could do was to recreate the entire chart  and remove the old ine and add the new to current view, but this seems like a huge overkill as it bit slow creating a chart.

Regards
Lars

Hi LarsKJ,

We’ve done a quick test on switching dataseries on a reload/redraw using a date-time axis and cannot seem to replicate this behaviour.

Is it possible that you’re returning both the old series and new series after the reload/redraw?

Sending us an example of this behaviour (a simple demo app, or your chart config/datasource/delegate code) to info@shinobicontrols is probably the easiest way for us to track down the cause of the problem.

Hi,

Here are some code that is based on the supplied CandleStick demo, the rebind button in the top left corner just sets a new data source, actually an identical. A clue might be that if I comment the xaxis.DefaultRange - the problem seems to go away.

var xaxis = new SChartDateTimeAxis () {
				EnableGesturePanning = true,
				EnableGestureZooming = true,
				EnableMomentumPanning = true,
				EnableMomentumZooming = true,
			};
			xaxis.DefaultRange = new SChartDateRange(new DateTime(2011,1,1), new DateTime(2012,1,1));
			//xaxis.AddExcludedTimePeriod( new SChartTimePeriod(new DateTime(2009,1,3), SChartDateFrequency.CreateWithDay(2)));
			chart.XAxis = xaxis;

chart.XAxis.Style.LineWidth = 1;
			var yAxis = new SChartNumberAxis () {
				EnableGesturePanning = false,
				EnableGestureZooming = false,

};
			chart.YAxis = yAxis;

chart.YAxis.Style.LineWidth = 1;
			//yAxis.VisibleRange

// Add to the view
			View.AddSubview (chart);

var ds = new CandlestickChartDataSource ();
			chart.DataSource = ds;

UIButton b = new UIButton (UIButtonType.System);
			b.Frame = new RectangleF (10, 10, 100, 20);
			b.SetTitle ("Rebind", UIControlState.Normal);

b.TouchUpInside += (object sender, EventArgs e) => {
				var ds1 = new CandlestickChartDataSource ();
				chart.DataSource = ds1;
				chart.ReloadData();
				chart.RedrawChart();
			};

View.AddSubview (b);

Hi rgrey,

Did the code snippet help in reproducting the problem?

Lars