layoutSubviews exception with loadDataInBackground enabled

Shinboi folks,

I have a working app, and I wanted to experiment with setting loadDataInBackground to YES. As soon as I did that, I got this exception:

*** Assertion failure in -[ShinobiChart layoutSublayersOfLayer:], /SourceCache/UIKit/UIKit-2903.2/UIView.m:8536

*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception ‘NSInternalInconsistencyException’, reason: 'Auto Layout still required after executing -layoutSubviews. ShinobiChart’s implementation of -layoutSubviews needs to call super.'

Is auto layout supported with ShinobiCharts?

Hi jgallagher,

This isn’t an issue we are currently aware of.

Is there any chance you could replicate this issue in one of our sample apps or cut down your project and send it in to us at info@shinobicontrols.com ?

This would really help us identify the source of the issue.

Kind Regards,
Andrew Polkinghorn

The same happens to me. I’m using auto-layout on my Shinobi Chart. 

Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInternalInconsistencyException', reason: 'Auto Layout still required after executing -layoutSubviews. ShinobiChart's implementation of -layoutSubviews needs to call super

Hi Jure,

Are you able to replicate this in one of the sample apps, or send us a minimal project which demonstrates the issue? We haven’t been able to reproduce the issue yet, and we are already calling [super layoutSubviews].

Regards,

Tom.

Thanks for the reply! I will try to replicate it/minimze the project and send it to you.

Regards,

Jure

Hi guys,

This is an issue with background data loading - in those code paths, [super layoutSubviews] is not called. We hope to have this fixed for the next release, I’ll let you know when it’s out.

Best regards,

Rob

Hello!

So you’ve figured it out? That’s awesome!

When do you plan the next release will come out?

Thanks,

Jure

Hi Jure,

A version of ShinobiCharts containing a fix for this issue will be released early next year.

A member of the Shinobi team will update this forum post when that version has been released.

Kind Regards,
Andrew Polkinghorn

Was the new version containig the fix released?

Hi all,

Just to say we have now release version 2.6.0 of Charts which should fix this issue.
You can download the new version from the Customer Portal.

Kind regards,
William