MT4118 Could not register the assembly 'ShinobiCharts'

I have a Xamarin Studio project that uses ShinobiCharts on iOS.

The project used to compile ok, but after updating to the latest Visual Studio Version, I get:

MTOUCH : error MT4116: Could not register the assembly ‘ShinobiCharts’: error MT4118: Cannot register two managed types (‘ShinobiCharts.SChartSeriesCrosshairTooltipDrawerProtocol, ShinobiCharts’ and ‘SChartSeriesCrosshairTooltipDrawerProtocol, ShinobiCharts’) with the same native name (‘SChartSeriesCrosshairTooltipDrawerProtocol’).

Visual studio Version: 7.6.1 (build 9)
Shinobi charts version, not 100% sure but it says AssemblyVersion (“2.8.1.0”)

0 Likes

Hi amantaut,
Are you able to try our latest version (2.10.0) ?
Thanks,
Kai.

0 Likes

Thanks for the reply Kai,

I tried updating to the latest 2.10 version but the interface seems to be significantly different to the 2.8 branch, so it would take me a long time to adapt the code.

Is there another way to compile with the existing code so I don’t need to re-write my App’s code?

0 Likes

Hello amantaut,
I’ve just successfully ran the ‘GettingStarted’ sample app using the 2.8.1 version of shinobicharts (xamarin) premium. I’m using Visual Studio (community edition) version 7.6.1 (9). I had to increase the minimum iOS version to 7 and add a Bundle Identifier but following this it built without error. I ran it on a simulated iPhone 5s running iOS 9.3.
Are you able to run a sample app?
Thanks,
Kai.

0 Likes

I’m having the same issue. Builds & runs on the simulator, just won’t build when targeting a device. Same error.

VS for Mac 7.7.2
Xamarin.iOS 12.2.1.12
Mac OS X 10.14.2
ShinobiCharts 2.8.1.0

Any ideas? My license expired some time ago, so unsure of my options wrt trying the latest version?

Please advise.

Thanks
Stuart

0 Likes

Hi Stuart,
Sorry to hear you are having issues. What is the minimum iOS version of your app? As you can see I managed this back in August, but I had to have my minimum iOS version set to 7, and add a Bundle Identifier.
You can also try the newer version of shinobicharts by downloading a free 30 day trial. You will find some differences in the API however so the rework involved to try this may not be ideal.
Thanks,
Kai.

0 Likes

Hi Kai,

The minimum iOS version is 8 - it’s for an app currently on both app stores. I’ll try the free trial version & see what happens. I’ll keep you updated. I’m a bit confused by the new licensing though - do I lose the right to distribute an app using your components if I only subscribe for a month or so?

Thanks
Stuart

0 Likes

Hi Stuart,
Please let us know how you get on. Our current licensing model does not include a perpetual license but our previous licensing model did. If you held one of our older licenses such as care or care plus your perpetual license will still apply.
Thanks,
Kai.

0 Likes

Hi Kai,

Will do, thanks.

I was on the ShinobiCare package, will that perpetual license allow me to download the latest component suite & use? Is there an email I can contact you on for further details & to let you have my original license details?

Thanks
Stuart

0 Likes

Hi Stuart,
The perpetual license allows you to continue to use (so that is to release new versions of your app containing shinobi) the version of shinobi software which was available to you whilst you were licensed. To obtain updates you require access to our customer portal. To obtain this access you would need a valid support contract. Please feel free to contact us at info@shinobicontrols.com to discuss further.
Thanks,
Kai.

1 Like