numberOfRowsInSection causes grid bug

Hi,

i’m using shinobiDataGrid and i’m having an issue when changing the number of rows for each section.

When i tap a cell, inside didTapCellAtCoordinate delegate method, i reload my two grids in order to change the number of rows of one of my sections.

- (void)shinobiDataGrid:(ShinobiDataGrid *)grid didTapCellAtCoordinate:(const SDataGridCoord *)gridCoordinate isDoubleTap:(BOOL)isDoubleTap
{

[self.dataGridRecipesInMemory reload];
    [self.dataGridRecipeToModify reload];

}

- (NSUInteger)shinobiDataGrid:(ShinobiDataGrid *)grid numberOfRowsInSection:(NSInteger)sectionIndex
{
    return [[[groups objectAtIndex:sectionIndex] parameterRelationship] count]; //Core data relationship

}
- (void)shinobiDataGrid:(ShinobiDataGrid *)grid prepareCellForDisplay:(SDataGridCell *)cell
{

PickerCell *myCell = (PickerCell*)cell;
    myCell.textField.text = @“Hello”;
    return;

}

Whenever i tap a cell that is close to the bottom of the grid, if after the tap i scroll up the grid, i see white sections, the column header disappear and all the cells of that grid are wrong placed.

The problem occurs only when tapping a cell that is (more or less) under the second half of the grid. If i tap on the first half i don't get the problem.
If i put a single number as return value of the numberOfRowsInSection method i don't get the problem (like 'return 5').

My grids contain 10 sections and they're synchronized when scrolling. 

Any help? I really need suggestions.

Thank you.

Cesare

}

no one can help me please?

Hi isis,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Is it possible for you to replicate your issue in one of our sample apps and send it to us at info@shinobicontrols.com?

This would really help us identify the source of your issue.

Kind regards,
Andrew Polkinghorn

Greetings Programs!

isis wrote:
Whenever i tap a cell that is close to the bottom of the grid, if after the tap i scroll up the grid, i see white sections, the column header disappear and all the cells of that grid are wrong placed.

This reminds me of a situtation I ran into when the cell is reused and the content for the cell is not set in prepareCellForDisplay for the new column it’s in. I had to made sure all cells were set with data or at least cleared if there was no value in the datasource for the cell.

// Instead of doing this which set the cell even if the value was empty.
if ([cell.coordinate.column.title isEqualToString:@"surname"]) {
    textCell.textField.text = person.surname;
}

// I was doing this which didn't change the cell value and if the cell was reused,
// it contained the previous value making the grid cells look all jumbled up.
if ([cell.coordinate.column.title isEqualToString:@"surname"] && ![person.surname isEqualToString:@""]) {
    textCell.textField.text = person.surname;
}

In one of my apps, I am using a temporary array to hold the objects from Core Data and I don’t update them until the user is finished with the grid.

One thing that came to mind; I don’t know how you’ve got the grid set up but if you’re using Core Data and modifying the groups/entities and returning a relationship count from Core Data, is the NSManagedObjectContext updated/saved before the numberOfRowsInSection to return the new value?

Wg