Positioning an annotation

Hi,

I’m evaluating Shinobi Charts as a charting solution for a project I’m working on. I have a problem positioning an annotation on a chart.

I have a simple line chart and I need to display an annotation when a data point gets tapped. I’m creating and adding the annotation to the chart in the delegate method sChart:toggledSelectionForPoint:inSeries:atPixelCoordinate: I’ve tried manually setting the frame of a annotation and also subclassing SChartAnnotation and setting it there. Whatever I do, it doesn’t seem to work. The annotation is always centered on the data point which is no what I need.

What is the prefered way of positioning an annotation on the chart?

Hi,

For line chart you need to use crosshair.delegate methosd is there for line chart.If you do long press on line you will get the positions of x and y on chart and you can add it

• (void)sChart:(ShinobiChart *)chart crosshairMovedToXValue:(id)x andYValue:(id)y

Adding an annotation:

SChartAnnotation *a = [SChartAnnotation annotationWithText:[NSString stringWithFormat:@"%@",@“Annotation”]
                                                           andFont:nil
                                                         withXAxis:chart.xAxis
                                                          andYAxis:chart.yAxis
                                                       atXPosition:x
                                                      andYPosition:y
                                                     withTextColor:[UIColor blackColor]
                                               withBackgroundColor:[UIColor clearColor]];
 [chart addAnnotation:a];

Thanks & Regards

Anurag