Retain nil values for the y-axis

I have a requirement , where the x-axis needs to display the days of the week , and the y-axis display steps covered during each day . My issue is currently when  I use the below code , the x-axis customizes itself . For eg , suppose I did not have any steps value on Jan 12th , then the x-axis does not display Jan 12th as the date at all . It basically skips the x and y axis values for any day where the reading is not present

The correct behavior would however be that , even though the y axis does not have value for a particular day the x-axis should still show the day. So in the above case the x-axis should display the day corresponding to Jan 12th on the x-axis and the y axis will not have any value. Also since I am using line series , whenever a value on the y-axis is missing it should include that inside the line 

I referred to the below post link : http://www.shinobicontrols.com/forum/shinobicontrols/2013/8/nil-y-values , but setting nil values on the y-axis was returning error :

My code is as follows :

SChartCategoryAxis *xAxis = [[SChartCategoryAxisalloc] init];

xAxis.rangePaddingHigh = @(0.5);

xAxis.rangePaddingLow = @(0.5);

xAxis.style.majorTickStyle.showTicks = YES;

_shinobiChart.xAxis = xAxis;

SChartAxis *yAxis = [[SChartNumberAxisalloc] init];

yAxis.rangePaddingHigh = @1.0;

_shinobiChart.yAxis = yAxis;

[scrollView_graphaddSubview:_shinobiChart];

SChartNumberRange *rangeY=[[SChartNumberRangealloc]initWithMinimum:minY.intValue<=19 ? @(0) : [NSNumbernumberWithInt:minY.intValue-20] andMaximum:[NSNumbernumberWithInt:maxY.intValue+20]];

SChartNumberAxis *YAxis = [[SChartNumberAxisalloc] initWithRange:rangeY];

_shinobiChart.yAxis = YAxis;

_shinobiChart.yAxis.style.majorTickStyle.showTicks=YES;

Under a specific condition I populate the datapoint value 0 

SChartDataPoint* datapoint = [selfdataPointForValue:[NSNumbernumberWithInt:dayNumber] andValue: [NSNumber     numberWithFloat:day.weightAppType.floatValue]];

datapoint.xValue = weekday;

//Condition 

if (specific condition)

datapoint.yValue = nil //So that the x-axis is present but y-axis is nil . however this steps fails. Is there a working solution for me to plot nil values on the y-axis to enable a proper line series 

The DiscontinousDateTimeAxis does exactly what you need. Unless you specifically exclude the dates for you nil y values, the xAxis will show those dates as well.

[ShinobiChartalloc] initWithFrame:frame withPrimaryXAxisType:SChartAxisTypeDiscontinuousDateTimewithPrimaryYAxisType:SChartAxisTypeNumber];

Take a look at the TimeSeriesChart demo project included in the ShinobiCharts package.

Thank you for your response. If I use "SChartAxisTypeDiscontinuousDateTime" my app crashes saying continuos date time is supported only for premium account. If with my current subscription I need to get this concept working is there any other XaxisType that will work ?

I tried using the below initialization , but it didnt work. For the days that I did not have any reading , the y-axis value is taken as 0 and the line graph is connected to that 0

-[[ShinobiChartalloc] initWithFrame:CGRectInset(scrollView_graph.bounds, margin, margin) withPrimaryXAxisType:SChartAxisTypeDateTimewithPrimaryYAxisType:SChartAxisTypeNumber];

Another observation , if I use the bar chat then a y-axis value of 0 is not plotted and the date is retained in the x-axis. Is there anyway to do this using a line chart ?.

I also tried following the example here -http://www.shinobicontrols.com/blog/posts/2014/07/14/individual-point-styling-discontinuous-line-series-in-shinobicharts-27 but  I still get the nil point exception 

• (id<SChartData>)sChart:(ShinobiChart *)chart dataPointAtIndex:(NSInteger)dataIndex forSeriesAtIndex:(NSInteger)seriesIndex

{

SChartDataPoint *dataPoint= _arr_weight[dataIndex];

if ([dataPoint.yValueintValue] == 0 ) { //criteria to set the nil value

dataPoint.yValue = nil;

}

return dataPoint;

}