SChartLineSeries, curved lines

Hello, I was looking for a solution to make the lines curved like the attached screen

what we have now, is the screen in my comment below ,

Thank you in advanced for your help

This is what we have now

Hi Fouad,

It looks like you want to use a data smoother, which is a component that adds intermediate points to your original dataset to give the impression of a curved line.

You can either create your own by supplying a custom object to the series.dataSmoother property, or alternatively use those supplied as part of our Advanced Charting Kit product. If you’re a professional (or above) customer you should see this in the customer portal. Alternatively, you may want to download a free trial and take a look at our sample app which demonstrates smoothing in action.

I hope that helps!

Sam

Hi Sam,

Actually we have the pro license since I’m not working as individual developer, and we are developing a project for banking client,

Anyway, we want to use Shinobi for iOS, Android & web, its a big project, Im a junior iOS developer & Im developing using Objective C, I couldn’t figure out the series.dataSmoother thing, would you please provide me a code snippet or something similar, that would helps a lot as well,

Thank you in advanced,

I’ve written a blog post that details how to use the smoother.
https://www.shinobicontrols.com/blog/advanced-charting-for-ios-part-2-smoothing

This will be the best place to start as it explains what is happening. Adding the smoothing effect should only be a single line of code once you work out which smoother you want to use :slight_smile:

There is also a sample included with the library which might help too.

Hello,

We saw your blog about this issue but also we couldn’t figure it out with Swift, we are building this section with Objc, if you please provide us a sample written with objc, such like this line ACKCatmullRomSplineSmoother(numberOfSegments: index+1) we couldn’t know what these values are

Thanks

Once you have imported the ACK library it’s just one line of code to enable a smoother.

Here is the code to create and assign a Mid-Point smoother. The number “2” is an arbitrary value and you should use trial and error to find a value that produces the effect you would like:

lineSeries.dataSmoother = [ACKMidPointSmoother initWithNumberOfPasses:2];

Thank you for your help, but we found that a bug happened when we did the dataSmoother,
We are using SChartAnnotation points, the position of the points is not following the curved line anymore …

SChartAnnotation *releaseBeforeLabel = [SChartAnnotation annotationWithText:@""
andFont:[UIFont systemFontOfSize:20.f]
withXAxis:lineChart.xAxis
andYAxis:lineChart.yAxis
atXPosition:date
andYPosition:yBeforeValue
withTextColor:[UIColor clearColor]
withBackgroundColor:[UIColor clearColor]];

releaseBeforeLabel.transform = rotationTransform;
    releaseBeforeLabel.position = SChartAnnotationAboveData;

UIView *pointView = [[UIView alloc] init];
    pointView.frame = CGRectMake(0, 0, 15, 15);
    pointView.backgroundColor = [[infoArray objectAtIndex:0]objectForKey:@"color"];
    pointView.center = CGPointMake(releaseBeforeLabel.frame.size.width/2, releaseBeforeLabel.frame.size.height/2+5);
    pointView.layer.cornerRadius  = pointView.frame.size.height/2;
    pointView.layer.masksToBounds = NO;
    pointView.layer.shadowColor   = [UIColor blackColor].CGColor;
    pointView.layer.shadowOffset  = CGSizeMake(0.5f, 0.5f);
    pointView.layer.shadowOpacity = 0.2f;

UIView *dotView = [[UIView alloc] init];
    dotView.backgroundColor = COLOR_WHITE;
    dotView.frame  = CGRectMake(0, 0, 5, 5);
    dotView.center = CGPointMake(pointView.frame.size.width/2, pointView.frame.size.height/2);
    dotView.layer.cornerRadius = dotView.frame.size.height/2;

[pointView addSubview:dotView];
    [releaseBeforeLabel addSubview:pointView];

this is a screen shot

any suggestions will be appreciated

Thank you a lot,

Hi Foaud,

This is expected behaviour as our ACKMidPointSmoother creates a smoothed line representing the average.

We have implemented a smoother that goes through all the points and is called ACKCatmullRomSplineSmoother and can be used like so:

lineSeries.dataSmoother = [ACKCatmullRomSplineSmoother new];

Let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Andrew Polkinghorn.

Thank you very much, that was helpful,
Cheers