SDataGrid Cell Editing

Is it possible to add next back navigation to the Keyboard that is displayed when a cell begins editing? I would like to allow our users to navigate to the next/previous row in the same column via these common Keyboard input accessories. I have been successful at adding the UIToolbar to the keyboard, but cannot determine how to force the next cell into Edit mode.

Hi jklimm

To get this feature working you need to add your Input Accessory View to your editing cell’s textfield in the SDataGridDelegate method “shinobiDataGrid:willBeginEditingCellAtCoordinate:”. Like so:

- (void) shinobiDataGrid:(ShinobiDataGrid *)grid willBeginEditingCellAtCoordinate:(SDataGridCoord*) coordinate {
    SDataGridTextCell *cell = (SDataGridTextCell*)[grid visibleCellAtCoordinate:coordinate];
    [cell.textField setInputAccessoryView:inputAccView];
}

Then in the SDataGridDelegate method “shinobiDataGrid:didTapCellAtCoordinate:isDoubleTap:” save the SDataGridCoord parameter where you can access it by your Accessory View’s button event handlers. Like so:

-(void)shinobiDataGrid:(ShinobiDataGrid *)grid didTapCellAtCoordinate:(SDataGridCoord *)gridCoordinate isDoubleTap:(BOOL)isDoubleTap {
    if(isDoubleTap){
        self.gridCoord = [[[SDataGridCoord alloc] initWithCol:gridCoordinate.column row:gridCoordinate.row] autorelease];
    }
}

Then when you want to go up or down a row you need to disable the previous editing cell’s textfield and enable the cell we’re going to edit’s textfield. Like so:

-(void)previousRow {

SDataGridTextCell *cell = (SDataGridTextCell*)[_shinobiDataGrid visibleCellAtCoordinate:self.gridCoord];
    // disable old cell
    cell.textField.enabled = NO;

// Move up a row
    SDataGridRow *row = [[SDataGridRow alloc] initWithRowIndex:self.gridCoord.row.rowIndex - 1 withSectionindex:self.gridCoord.row.sectionIndex];

self.gridCoord = [[[SDataGridCoord alloc] initWithCol:self.gridCoord.column row:row] autorelease];

cell = (SDataGridTextCell*)[_shinobiDataGrid visibleCellAtCoordinate:self.gridCoord];
    // enable new cell
    cell.textField.enabled = YES;
    [cell.textField becomeFirstResponder];
}

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,
Andrew Polkinghorn