Shinobi Chart memory leak?

Hi folks,

Hopefully this is something that I’m doing wrong, but I’m looking for input from the Shinobi team on something that I’m seeing with the latest 2.2.1 version of the Premium Chart package.

I’ve got a chart that updates about once a second with new data by calling on the main thread:
[chart reloadData];
[chart redrawChartAndGL:YES];

When I profile the code, within a few minutes, I’m seeing hundreds of object leaks related to:
NSCFNumber
SChartRange

Both appear to be leaking from an internal Shinobi Chart call: -[SChartSeries calcMinMax];

My chart is auto-range setup which is why I’m assuming this internal call is executing.

Any ideas on why this is happening? Is there anything I can do to correct this in my setup of the chart?

Thanks for the quick response,
Wes

More info:

On an iOS 5 device this repeats over and over again in the debug console while the chart is active:
objc[9197]: Object 0x178f570 of class __NSCFNumber autoreleased with no pool in place - just leaking - break on objc_autoreleaseNoPool() to debug

Wes

Update: Turns out this last bit of info was misleading. In my code that updates internal data every 1 second I was missing a background autorelease block which caused this repeating error to appear. Once correcting the background thread with an autorelease block, this specific error went away.

I’ve confirmed that there is still an issue with the leaking of hundreds of SChartRange and NFCFNumber objects.

Wes

Hi Wfilleman,

This is has been fixed & will be included in our next release. The release is scheduled shortly so keep an eye on our website!  :laughing:

Thanks,
Jan Akerman

Hi Jan,

Thank you for your quick response and confirmation as to what I was seeing. Looking forward to the next release!

Wes

You didn’t have to wait long… it is out now!

I just saw that. That is excellent! Also, the new streaming feature is EXACTLY what I’ve been hoping for. As I noted at the top of the post, my chart is streaming data in and this looks to make my code/chart that much more fluid.

Keep up the great work!

Wes 

It’s great that you’re enjoying the new release. Keep us updated with any feedback you have either via the forum or by emailing us directly to info@shinobicontrols.com.

Have fun!