Shinobi charts runtime error

Shinobi Version 2.3.1 doesn’t build for me and shows errors.

Shinobi Version 2.2.1.0 works fine i.e. it builds in xamarin studio and I can run the app in simulator. But when I release or debug on a real device it throws exception, “System.ExecutionEngineException: Attempting to JIT compile method ShinobiCharts.ShinobiChart:.ctor (System.Drawing.RectangleF) while running with --aot- only. see Xamarin docs…/limitations for more information”

FYI,

One device is running on iOS 7.0.2

Second device is running on iOS 5.1.1

Can you suggest what’s wrong here?

The line of code at which this exception is thrown is :

ShinobiChart graph = new ShinobiChart(GraphSize);

And the GraphSize is = new RectangleF(0,30,320,162);

Hi Rrehman,

Let me have a look into this & I’ll get back to your shortly.

Thanks,
Jan

Thanks much appreciated!

any luck?

Hi Rrehman - can I confirm that you are using Xamarin.iOS 7.0.1? Also, could you try using the 2.3.1c library, as this sounds as though it could be related to a bug in Xamarin’s tools (2.3.1c was built after Xamarin released a hotfix for said bug).

Hi Jan,

I’m using Xamarin.iOS Version: 6.2.0.65 (Business Edition)

Any suggestion?

Hi Rrehman, I tested running our 2.3.1 GettingStarted sample (provided with the 2.3.1 dll) and a few of our 2.2.1 samples (provided with the 2.2.1 dll) on an iOS7 device and I didn’t see any compile errors or crashes. A colleague also tried this on an older device and had no problems.

Can you try deploying our samples to your devices to see if they build & run for you too?

Thanks,
Jan Akerman