I'm starting my "get-to-know-ShinobiControls-again" journey starting from scratch and right after downloading my copy of the framework I jumped into the QSG. Even though I finished with no problems I gathered a few notes I'd like to share with you, hoping maybe it can improve it / correct it for later users. It's not anything big, just small things but important ones I think.
These notes could also be the result of my misunderstanding of some instruction at one point, which will also be good for me to learn the proper way to use things around the framework.
- The picture is outdated. The result chart doesn't look quite the same. Specially the series legend box
2) Draw simple chart:
- You never mention the need of the trial key here. I know this is kind of obvious for most of us but it's also obvious that you need the framework and that gets mentioned. Maybe the novice will save a bit of time with that one
- We import "ShinobiChartsDataSource.h" but I don't think we use it anywhere since we employ our same VC as the data source
- [xAxis release] and [yAxis release] are needed when using ARC. This doesn't get mentioned here but it is later when using "autorelease"
3) Adding a Data Source:
- You mentioned that we need to initialize the DS and "assign it to the chart inside the viewDidLoad method of the UIViewController before adding it to the view" but I initialized it (before reading carefully) after adding it to the subview and the result seems to be the same. Why is that?
This is it. I hope I understood everything correctly and while I wait for your feedback in this I'm moving on to the next tutorial.