ShinobiGrid (MonoTouch) Problems

Hello guys,

we’ve bought ShinobiGrid for Xamarin from their component store a month ago. It is really great and useful, as we’re developing companion apps for our ERP, but I have some issues with it and maybe you can give me some tips: 

1. we display numeric data, right aligned, but then the header cell has a different intent than the cells. I’ve found in the forums (http://www.shinobicontrols.com/forum/shinobicontrols/2013/5/textalignment-in-header-with-shinobidatagrid/) that it’s possible to use:
    textCell.coordinate.column.headerCell.leftIndentForTextView = 5.0f;
    textCell.coordinate.column.headerCell.rightIndentForTextView = 5.0f;

but leftIndentForTextView/rightIndentForTextView properties are not available in the Xamarin bindings.

1. When I select a row, I just want to mark the selected row with another color, but if any cell is right aligned, then when I select the row the cell reverts to the default left alignment. Any possibility to make the entire selected row stay as it was, just with another background color?

2. I would like to adjust the intent/padding of the columns - we need to make the grids more compact when we display big sets of data. I’ve read that this is possible with some extra work in XCode, but  not from Xamarin. This should be a standard property.

3. is it possible to have sums or other computed fields in a footer row - maybe in the next versions? 

Thank you.

Cheers,

Calin

Hi Calin,

1. A ShinobiGrids update is being released soon which, amongst other things, adds a contentInset property which should allow you to manipulate this padding.

2. This is a bug that we have recently fixed which will also be included in the next release. Until then, you can just set the text alignment to NSTextAlignmentRight on the DefaultCellStyleForSelectedRows property on your DataGrid.

3. It sounds like you would also be able to do this with the contentInset property which will soon be released.

4. It should be possible now, for you to have computed fields in a footer row, although you would have to carry out these computations yourself & populate the relevant cells. I will forward this suggestion to our development team as a new feature however!

Thanks,
Jan

Jan

Hi Calin,

1. A ShinobiGrids update is being released soon which, amongst other things, adds a contentInset property which should allow you to manipulate this padding.

2. This is a bug that we have recently fixed which will also be included in the next release. Until then, you can just set the text alignment to NSTextAlignmentRight on the DefaultCellStyleForSelectedRows property on your DataGrid.

3. It sounds like you would also be able to do this with the contentInset property which will soon be released.

4. It should be possible now, for you to have computed fields in a footer row, although you would have to carry out these computations yourself & populate the relevant cells. I will forward this suggestion to our development team as a new feature however!

Thanks,
Jan

When the new version will released for monotouch?

Babba - It has already been released. The contentInset property is on the SDataGridCellStyle object.

Jan

Jan

Babba - It has already been released. The contentInset property is on the SDataGridCellStyle object.

Jan

thnks for you replay, i have downloaded grid component from ‘Xamarin’ store and still there is old version ‘2.0.0’.
Here the link: http://components.xamarin.com/view/ShinobiGrids/

How can i get new version?

Hi babba,

Log into our customer portal at www.support.shinobicontrols.com, click on the ‘Releases’ tab and download it from there. I’ll look into why we haven’t got the our latest version on the Xamarin Store.

Jan