Swift: Shinobi Chart Donut Legend Title

I’m try to make a simpe Shinobi Chart Donut with Swift. But i have a liitle problems like :

1. How to show that label if slice clicked? I try this func but its not working to show a simple text

func sChart(_ chart: ShinobiChart, labelForSliceAt sliceIndex: Int, in series: SChartRadialSeries) -> UILabel {
    var label: UILabel = UILabel()

label.text = "dffd"

return label

}

2. How to change background color behind the chart (white background) ?

I try this but not working too :

chart?.layer.backgroundColor = UIColor.clear.cgColor

I have read some article regarding my problem but there are little was writing with Swift. Any suggest and answer will help. Thanks in Advance

Hi MrX,

The function you provided sets the label for a slice whether or not it’s selected. (Make sure you’ve set the chart’s delegate correctly so this function is called.)

If you want something to change when a slice is selected, you should take a look at the method sChart(_ chart: ShinobiChart, toggledSelectionFor dataPoint: SChartRadialDataPoint, in series: SChartRadialSeries, at pixelPoint: CGPoint).

The pie chart in the shinobicharts Samples app (which is written in Swift) uses this method, so it may help to take a look at that.

You can change the chart’s background color using:

chart.backgroundColor = .clear

You may also need to change the plot area’s background color as follows:

chart.plotAreaBackgroundColor = .clear

Regards,

Alison

I solved with this func :

func sChart(_ chart: ShinobiChart, labelForSliceAt sliceIndex: Int, in series: SChartRadialSeries) -> UILabel {
    let sliceLabel = UILabel(frame: CGRect(x: 0, y: 10, width: 200, height: 11))
    sliceLabel.numberOfLines = 0
    sliceLabel.sizeToFit()

switch sliceIndex {
    case 0:
        sliceLabel.text = "Vacant"
        break
    case 1:
        sliceLabel.text = "Vacant Uncheck Clean"
        break
    case 2:
        sliceLabel.text = "Occupied Cleaned"
        break
    default:
        break
    }
    return sliceLabel

}

func sChart(_ chart: ShinobiChart, seriesAt index: Int) -> SChartSeries {
    let chart = SChartDonutSeries()
    chart.style().spokeStyle.showSpokes = true;
    chart.selectedStyle().spokeStyle.showSpokes = true;
    chart.style().labelFontColor = UIColor.black
    chart.selectedStyle().labelFontColor = UIColor.black

return chart
}

Thanks for suggest :slight_smile:

Hi aclarke,

I’m using Swift 3, the statement chart.plotAreaBackgroundColor = .clear is give error the plotAreaBackgroundColor is method or plotAreaBackgroundColor() . So i cant use that, is there any way to make background of the chart transparent?

Regards,
Mario

Hi Mario,

Please can you double-check you’re using the property plotAreaBackgroundColor (note the Area) rather than the method plotBackgroundColor ?

I’m also using Swift 3 and setting both chart.backgroundColor and the chart.plotAreaBackgroundColor to .clear does make the background transparent.

Regards,

Alison