Transitioning to iOS7 => lag when zooming with tick marks and labels visible

Hi,
I am currently running ShinobiCharts Premium v. 2.5.6 on iOS6. I have transitioned to iOS7. It compiled fine but I am expieriencing lags when I zoom and pan (although pan is less frustrating and visible). This seems to only happen when i have the tick marks  and lables visible. When I remove them the rendering is very smooth. Momentum Panning and zooming (with gesture panning/zooming) is turned on. The same app on iOS6 and iPad 2 has better performance thus the lagging in iPad3 iOS7 is very frustrating. Have you any ideas on what is the cause of this? Or perhaps you are aware of this?

UP:
What I have managed to discover the samples are flawless from this transition. I have extended the annotation sample to display my data in a way I need. It does that smoothly. When I copied the view controller to my project the issue appeared. So there must be some option that clearly affects the transistion. Perhaps you are aware of this option needed to be included/set or somebody did encounter this problem. Thank you in advance

Hi,

Thank you for raising this issue, I’m afraid it isn’t one we’ve encountered before. If you identify which project setting causes the issue, could you let us know? Then we can get to the bottom of why that happens, and we can see if there is something we can do to stop it happening in the future.

Many thanks,

Dan

Hi, 
I will try to pinpoint the issue but it is an hard task. The solution that I have has a couple of hundred files and to now I think that removing some of them helps with the issue but I have no idea which one. This is areally nasty bug that hits the performance and overall user expierience like crazy. My boss is disturbed by this issue and that’s why I am trying to get to the bottom of this …

Hi,
After numerous attempts and hours spent on this issue I finally found the source of this problem.
Whenever you mangle with the appearance proxy … things get bad. Simple change like:

[[UILabel appearance] setTextColor:[UIColor whiteColor]];

just causes the GUI to be unresponsive when zooming or panning. That beeing said it this post is the answer for my own question but I belive people can benefit from this information.

Hi,

Thank you for getting to the bottom of the issue, and posting your findings on the forum. Like you say, people will benefit from this information. I’ll raise an issue in our backlog to investigate why this is happening. It doesn’t sound right that configuring UIAppearance should affect the performance of the chart. We’ll take a look at what is going on, and we should be able to release a fix for this in future versions of the framework.

Many thanks,

Dan

Please do keep me posted on the progress concerning this issue.

Thanks