Why Shinobi over core plot?

I would like to know if I would be purchasing the Shinobi Chart Lisence, how is it better than other charting frameworks available?

Kindly provide a detailed description as it’s required to understand the detailed capability over other frameworks.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Naveen,

Some of the reasons our customers have chosen us in the past include:

Performance. Our charts use OpenGL ES for super slick initial rendering, panning and zooming. We also have very efficient handling of data points which means you can have lots of data on screen at once!

Gesture Support.  Mobile users inevitably want to be able to interact directly with the UI and your data, which is why we’ve placed a lot of effort into full multi-touch support. This includes gestures for panning, zooming, highlighting and annotating a chart’s data.

Support. ShinobiCare gives easy access to all our fixes and upgrades for a year. ShinobiCare Plus adds access to our Dev team (like myself!) who can help you with any queries you might have.

Documentation. Apple have set a very high standard with their UIKit documentation, so we know from experience that top quality docs can really speed up the development process. This is why we spend a lot of time ensuring our API docs are clear and concise and that our user guides provide more detailed explanations of exactly how our libraries work. You can take a look at our offerings here - http://www.shinobicontrols.com/shinobideveloper/documentation

Chart Types.  We support a lot of different series and axes types, which means it’s really easy to visualize your data in whatever configuration you want. A complete list can be found here - http://www.shinobicontrols.com/ios/shinobicharts/price-plans

Platform Support.  All of the above reasons also apply to our Android version of ShinobiCharts. And no worries if you’d rather code in C# - we take the time to roll out Xamarin bindings for both our iOS and Android versions for every release we do. 

Having said all that, we do think that it’s really important for developers to choose a library that’s right for them and their project. Feature lists and technical promises might go someway to helping you decide, but the best way to get a feel for any library is to give it a try! - http://www.shinobicontrols.com/ios/shinobicharts/price-plans/shinobicharts-premium/shinobicharts-free-trial-form

I hope that the above is useful info. Don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any further questions!

Thanks

Ryan

I am personally in support of Shinobi. But I have to give some solid points to prove why we should use shinobi over core plot. :imp:. I googled alot bt didn’t get solid point to prove myself.

Please help me through this if u can.

Thanks in advance.:slight_smile:

It’s nice to hear that you’re in support of us! It sounds to me like you have to convince someone else though, and this is probably best done in the context of your own requirements. 

We’ve highlighted above what we think are our strengths, which should hopefully be a good start. Something else that might help is attempting to implement a realistic chart use case (something you might actually include in your app) with each of the libraries you are considering. Answering the following questions as you go will provide you with some metrics to help make your decision: 

• How long did it take to get up and running?
  • How long did it take to finish coding the chart?
  • How intuitive was the API?
  • How easy was it to style the chart?
  • How many bugs did you encounter?
  • Was there anything in your use case that was impossible with the framework?
  • How quickly does the final chart render?
  • How responsive is the panning/zooming?
  • How responsive is the chart if you increase the amount of data?
  • How easy would the chart be to integrate into an app?
  • If you got stuck, how useful was the provided documentation/support/community?

I hope the above suggestion is helpful and you understand why it would be very difficult for us to give you an unbiased comparison ourselves (because we think we’re totally awesome! :laughing:).

Thanks alot :smile:.Above comparisons seems to be really great. I got positive feedback